Sony Xperia Live Walkman WT19i is Android powered which is considered to be best value for money. It is not a very high-end device. Sony Xperia Live Walkman WT19i is known for it music quality which it inherits from Sony Walkman.
Sony Xperia Live Walkman WT19i can be rooted very easily if we know how to do it. There is not much of a complexity involved in the steps for rooting it. All you need is some mandatory tools, rooting package and this step by step rooting guide.
People love rooted devices because the performance of their devices is bounded and not upto the mark. If you want to take full advantage of your device such as Sony Xperia Live Walkman WT19i, you need to root it.
Sony Xperia Live Walkman WT19i : The Rooting Guide
We have tried to make the rooting as easy and explanatory as it could be. The upgradation guide have two halves namely:
- Getting Ready for Rooting
- The Real Rooting
Notice : This Rooting package is taken from a very reliable Android Developer. We have tried and tested this below steps before bringing this for you. However, we would recommend you to follow these steps with extra-care as a single error can lead to bricking of your Device.
The warranty of your device would void after rooting, so do this at your own risk. We will not be liable for any error.
Sony Xperia Live Walkman WT19i : Getting Ready for Rooting
- Before you take a step further, please make sure that your device is Sony Xperia Live Walkman WT19i . You can check this at Settings >> About Device.
- Take a backup of your existing ROM using the ROM Manager App available on Play Store.
- You may also opt for a backup of your important data such as SMS, phone numbers using one of the backup apps available on play store for free.
- The rooting process work on internal battery power. So we would recommend you to charge your device more than 80%.
- Disable all anti-virus software installed on you device and PC.
- If you have kies installed on your PC, just uninstall it.
- Enable USB debugging on your Device. The option for this is available at :
Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging or
Settings> Developer Option> USB Debugging
- Now your Sony Xperia Live Walkman WT19i is ready for a root upgrade.
Sony Xperia Live Walkman WT19i : The Real Rooting
- Download the Firmware Package and Flashing Tools on your Laptop/PC from below links:
1. Flash Tool
2. Rooted Firmware
3. Doomlord Rooting Kit
4. CWM Recovery Image
- Unzip the Flash Tool downloaded above on your PC (Recommended to do it Desktop itself).
- Now unzip the Firmware file. You will get a TFT format file.
- Copy the Firmware TFT file at C:\flashtool\firmwares (Create this location if it does not pre-exists).
- If above location pre-exists, make sure that it is empty and no other file is there.
- Now connect your Sony Xperia Live Walkman WT19i to PC using USB datacable.
- Open the Flash tool. Select File>>Flash Mode. Click OK.
- From the next list which opens, select “Wipe User Data” and “Wipe Cache” checkboxes. Click OK.
- This reboot your device in a few seconds.
- Power off your Sony Xperia Live Walkman WT19i and restart in Debugging mode. This can be done by pressing and holding Volume Down + Home + Power Key together.
- After phone start in debugging mode, flash the firmware using flashing tool.
- Now unzip the DoomLord Root Kit downloaded above.
- Run the ‘runme.bat’ file available in the unzipped folder.
- When update is finished, unzip CWM downloaded above.
- Install the file wt19i.install-cmw2.cmd.
- When this is completed, just restart your device.
With this you have successfully rooted your Sony Xperia Live Walkman WT19i. If you face any kind of issue during rooting, then you can seek our help using the comment form below.
Also we would recommend you to comment if you were able to root your Sony Xperia Live Walkman WT19i successfully.