Samsung Galaxy S4 is undoubtedly the best Android smartphone at this moment. The stats of more than 40,000 score on Antutu Benchmark test shows that Samsung Galaxy S4 has no match what so ever. Powered by 2GB and Quad-core 1.6 GHz Cortex-A15 over quad-core 1.2 GHz Cortex-A7, Samsung Galaxy S4 is a high-end smartphone worth buying.
Samsung Galaxy S4 default comes with Android Jellybean 4.2.2. This is the stock ROM with a bit of modification which is used on Samsung Galaxy S4. This ROM has really good features, but a Rooted ROM is always better than un-rooted. There are numerous reasons for which it is recommended to root your Android phone.
The below method for rooting has been given a well-known Android developer Dan Rosenberg. He used the motochopper root app for rooting Samsung Galaxy S4. This rooting guide is only meant for Samsung Galaxy S4 US Model or any Samsung Galaxy S4 model with a Qualcomm-based variant such as T-mobile, AT&T and Sprint.
Notice : This rooting guide is designed by a very reliable Android Developer. We have tried and tested this rooting guide before bringing this for you. However, we would recommend you to follow these steps with extra-care as a single error can lead to bricking of your Device.
The warranty of your device would void after rooting, so do this at your own risk. We will not be liable for any error.
Samsung Galaxy S4 : The Easy Rooting Guide
- Before we begin, ensure that you have original USB connectivity cable for connecting Samsung Galaxy S4 to PC/Laptop.
- Make sure that latest connectivity drivers are installed on your system.
- Download the MotoChopper from here.
- After download is complete, extract the zip file using WinZip, 7Zip or WinRar.
- Enable USB Debugging on your Samsung Galaxy S4 (Option is available at Apps >> Settings >> Developer Options >> USB debugging).
- Now connect your device to PC using USB data-cable.
- If you are using Windows, just go to directory where you have extracted the zip files and run RUN.BAT.
- If you are on Linux or OS x, run RUN.sh from extracted folder.
- A message will prompt on your system. Just approve ADB connection on it.
- Wait for the process of rooting to get completed.
You may also like to have a look at the following video which we managed to search from Youtube :
With this you have successfully rooted your Samsung Galaxy S4. If you face any issues, share them with us in the form of comments below and we will be happy to help you. If you were successfully able to root, then comment below so that other user can be assured that the guide is working properly.