Samsung Galaxy S Duos is officially ported and shipped with Android Ice Cream Sandwich. There were some updates gven by the company is the initial stages but there has not been a major upgrade. And, if you are looking to enjoy the Jellybean taste on your Samsung Galaxy S Duos, then you are at the correct place. We are giving step by step tutorial to upgrade to Jellybean 4.2.1
Samsung Galaxy S Duos : Upgradation Guide
We have tried to make the upgradation as easy and explanatory as it could be. The upgradation guide have two halves namely:
- Getting Ready for Upgrade
- The Real Upgrade
Notice : This Firmware is taken from a very reliable Android Developer. We have tried and tested this firmware before bringing this for you. However, we would recommend you to follow these steps with extra-care as a single error can lead to bricking of your Device.
The warranty of your device would void after upgrade, so do this at your own risk. We will not be liable for any error.
Samsung Galaxy S Duos : Getting Ready for Upgrade
- Before you take a step further, please make sure that your device is Samsung Galaxy S Duos. You can check this at Settings >> About Device.
- Take a backup of your existing ROM using the ROM Manager App available on Play Store.
- You may also opt for a backup of your important data such as SMS, phone numbers using one of the backup apps available on play store for free.
- The upgrade process work on internal battery power. So we would recommend you to charge your device more than 80%.
- Disable all anti-virus software installed on you device and PC.
- If you have kies installed on your PC, just uninstall it.
- Enable USB debugging on your Device. The option for this is available at :
Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging or
Settings> Developer Option> USB Debugging
- Now your Samsung Galaxy S Duos is ready for upgradation.
Samsung Galaxy S Duos : The Real Upgrade
- Download the Firmware Package and Google Apps Package on your Laptop/PC from below links:
1. CyanogenMod 10.1 ROM
2. Google Apps
- Now transfer both the files to external Micro-SD card of your device (do not save in Internal Memory).
- Power off your Samsung Galaxy S Duos and restart in Debugging mode. This can be done by pressing and holding Volume Up + Home + Power Key together.
- After sometime, the main menu of Clockwork Mod Recovery appears.
- Choose Wipe Data and Select Yes on the next screen. This will delete the stock ROM data from your device.
- After wipe is complete, navigate to Install Zip from SD Card and select the firmware package saved on your external SD card.
- This will start installing the firmware on your device.
- After firmware installation is complete, again navigate to Install Zip from SD Card and select Google Apps.
- After this complete, go to main menu and Select Reboot System Now.
- Your phone is upgraded and will restart in around 10-15 minutes.
- Check the version of your firmware at Settings >> About Device.
With this you have successfully upgraded your Samsung Galaxy S Duos to CyanogenMod 10.1. If you face any kind of issue during installation, then you can seek our help using the comment form below.
Also we would recommend you to comment if you were able to upgrade your Samsung Galaxy S Duos successfully.