How to Root LG Nexus 4
LG Nexus 4 is the fourth edition smartphone in the Google Nexus series. LG Nexus 4 code named Moke, comes with the Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean operating system. We all know that all smartphones are sold unrooted. How do you root this device to have the full access? I am going to tell you a step by step method to root your LG Nexus 4 smartphone.
We are going to use CF-Auto-Root which is released by recognized XDA Developers. This file allows you to root your Nexus 4 smartphone easily no matter what the firmware. CF-Auto-Root supports Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean and will be compatible with future firmware also.
Note: Rooting of a device voids the warranty of your device. You are solely responsible for any kind of damage or error.
Things to do before Rooting
è Make a backup of all your important data.
è Enable the USB Debugging Mode on your device.
è Device should be fully charged.
è Verify the model number of your device as CF-Auto-Root works only with the Nexus 4 any other devices present a very high risk of damage. You can check your device model number by navigating to Settings > About Phone.
Essential Files Required for Rooting
You need the following files to root your device.
- Android SDK
- CF-Auto-Root (CF-Auto-Root-mkao-occam-nexus4.zip)
Procedure for Rooting
You need to follow the following steps very carefully. Don’t use your brain here. A bit of carelessness can put your device into a high risk zone. So, let start to root your LG Nexus 4…
- Firstly install the Android SDK which includes all the necessary files and drivers to connect your Nexus device to your system.
- Extract the CF-Auto-Root file which will be a zipped file using any extracting tool.
- Now, turn off your Nexus 4 device and boot the device in Fastboot mode by following these key combination..
Vol Up + Vol Down + Power
- After this, you can connect your device to the system via USB cable and wait until the system finishes installing the drivers.
- Now locate the extracted folder of CF-Auto-Root files. You need to run the following files depending upon the Operating System of your computer.
Windows : Run root-windows.bat
Linux : chmod+x.root-linux.sh. Run root-linux.sh
Mac OS X : chmod +x.root-mac.sh. Run root-mac.sh
- Simply follow the on-screen instructions carefully. As soon as the rooting process completes, your device will boot in normal mode.
- Disconnect your device from your system.
- To verify whether your device is rooted or not, download Root Checker App from Google Play Store.
Now, you have a rooted LG Nexus 4 smartphone, you can install your backup data and enjoy the benefits of a rooted android device.