Micromax Canvas2 A110 was one of the first Android smartphone by an Indian manufacturer to get out of stock within a few hours of sale. Powered by a dual-SIM capability and HSDPA+, Micromax Canvas2 A110 is certainly a good value to money for customers.
Micromax Canvas2 A110 is shipped with Android ICS 4.0.4. It is however upgradable to Android Jellybean 4.1.1. But it is the stock ROM with a very little tweak which Micromax provides. And what better than a rooted Micromax Canvas2 A110. The capability of a rooted Android device is way too more than an unrooted device. Hence we decided to take up and help Micromax Canvas2 A110 owners with a step by step rooting guide.
Micromax Canvas2 A110 : The Rooting Guide
We have tried to make the rooting as easy and explanatory as it could be. The rooting guide have two halves namely:
- Getting Ready for Rooting
- The Real Rooting
Notice : This Rooting package is taken from a very reliable Android Developer. We have tried and tested this below steps before bringing this for you. However, we would recommend you to follow these steps with extra-care as a single error can lead to bricking of your Device.
The warranty of your device would void after rooting, so do this at your own risk. We will not be liable for any error.
Micromax Canvas2 A110 : Getting Ready for Rooting
- Before you take a step further, please make sure that your device is Micromax Canvas2 A110. You can check this at Settings >> About Device.
- Take a backup of your existing ROM using the ROM Manager App available on Play Store.
- You may also opt for a backup of your important data such as SMS, phone numbers using one of the backup apps available on play store for free.
- The rooting process work on internal battery power. So we would recommend you to charge your device more than 80%.
- Disable all anti-virus software installed on you device and PC.
- If you have kies installed on your PC, just uninstall it.
- Enable USB debugging on your Device. The option for this is available at :
Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging or
Settings> Developer Option> USB Debugging
- Now your Micromax Canvas2 A110 is ready for a root upgrade.
Micromax Canvas2 A110 : The Real Rooting
- Download the Rooting Tools on your Laptop/PC from below links:
1. Root Tool
- Unzip the root Tool downloaded above on your PC (Recommended to do it on Desktop itself).
- Now connect your Micromax Canvas2 A110 to PC using USB datacable.
- Change USB connected mode to Media Device from USB mass storage.
- Open the folder where you’ve extracted the root tool.
- Double click and run “RunMe.bat” from the folder.
- This will run some files in command prompt.
- Now keep on following the instruction which appears on screen. You will be prompted to ‘press 1’ on time during the process.
- While the rooting is in progress, your Micromax Canvas2 A110 will reboot for 4-5 times.
- After some time, rooting will complete and a message ‘HAVE FUN’ will prompt on command prompt.
With this you have successfully rooted your Micromax Canvas2 A110. If you face any kind of issue during rooting, then you can seek our help using the comment form below.
Also we would recommend you to comment if you were able to root your Micromax Canvas2 A110 successfully.