Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini I8190 is not a very famous but it is one of the best Android device. With awesome features and amazing specifications which are none the less equivalent to Samsung Galaxy S3, it is one of the most-selling high-end Android based smartphone. You can now upgrade your Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini I8190 to Jellybean 4.12. XXAMD3 firmware manually. If you have already updated your Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini I8190 using Kies or some other method, you need not upgrade it now.
The XXAMD3 Jellybean firmware have one peculiar feature that it is non-branded upgrade. this means that it can run on any version of Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini I8190 without failure. This firmware upgrade do not require any CWM or TWRP based custom recovery image. so not wasting more time, here is the step by step guide to upgrade your Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini I8190.
Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini I8190 : Upgradation Guide
We have tried to make the upgradation as easy and explanatory as it could be. The upgradation guide have two halves namely:
- Getting Ready for Upgrade
- The Real Upgrade
Notice : This Firmware is taken from a very reliable Android Developer. We have tried and tested this firmware before bringing this for you. However, we would recommend you to follow these steps with extra-care as a single error can lead to bricking of your Device.
The warranty of your device would void after upgrade, so do this at your own risk. We will not be liable for any error.
Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini I8190: Getting Ready for Upgrade
- Before you take a step further, please make sure that your device is Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini I8190. You can check this at Settings >> About Device.
- Take a backup of your existing ROM using the ROM Manager App available on Play Store.
- You may also opt for a backup of your important data such as SMS, phone numbers using one of the backup apps available on play store for free.
- The upgrade process work on internal battery power. So we would recommend you to charge your device more than 80%.
- Disable all anti-virus software installed on you device and PC.
- If you have kies installed on your PC, just uninstall it.
- Enable USB debugging on your Device. The option for this is available at :
Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging or
Settings> Developer Option> USB Debugging
- Now your Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini I8190 is ready for upgradation.
Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini I8190: The Real Upgrade
- Download the Firmware Package and Odin Package on your Laptop/PC from below links:
1. Jelly Bean I8190XXAMD3
2. ODIN v3.07
- Power off your Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini I8190 and restart in Debugging mode. This can be done by pressing and holding Volume Down + Home + Power Key together.
- After sometime, the main menu of debugging mode appears. After update Android triangle appears, press power button to enter download mode.
- Connect your Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini I8190 to PC using original USB data-cable.
- Open the ODIN application on PC.
- In ODIN, ‘added’ message will be prompted and ID:COM button turns Yellow or Blue. This indicates that device is now connected.
- Now select the “PDA” option from Odin app.
- Extract the firmware file and then browse it from Odin app and select it.
- Now check that in Odin App, ‘Re-partition’ button is un-checked.
- Now press the start button and and installation process will begin.
- When installation is completed, “PASS” message will appear in Odin app.
- Now disconnect you Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini I8190 from USB cable and restart it.
With this you have successfully upgraded your Samsung Galaxy S3 mini I8190 to XXAMD3 firmware. If you face any kind of issue during installation, then you can seek our help using the comment form below.
Also we would recommend you to comment if you were able to upgrade your Samsung Galaxy S3 mini i8190 successfully.