Galaxy Note 2 : How to Root it on Official XXEME1 Jellybean
Galaxy Note 2 marked the complete reign of Samsung on Android high-end smartphones. With a screen size of 5.5 inches and 2GB RAM, Galaxy Note 2 is the phone which I personally prefer to use. It has an awesome Quad-core 1.6 GHz Cortex-A9 processor which is unbeatable.
Galaxy Note 2 has enormous power in its hardware which comes bounded with an un-rooted Android 4.1.1 Jellybean ROM. To make the best use of your Galaxy Note 2, we decided to come up with a step by step guide to root your device while updating it to an official ROM XXEME1 jellybean.
Galaxy Note 2 : Upgradation Guide
We have tried to make the upgradation as easy and explanatory as it could be. The upgradation guide have two halves namely:
- Getting Ready for Upgrade
- The Real Upgrade
Notice : This Firmware is taken from a very reliable Android Developer. We have tried and tested this firmware before bringing this for you. However, we would recommend you to follow these steps with extra-care as a single error can lead to bricking of your Device.
The warranty of your device would void after upgrade, so do this at your own risk. We will not be liable for any error.
Galaxy Note 2: Getting Ready for Upgrade
- Before you take a step further, please make sure that your device is Galaxy Note 2. You can check this at Settings >> About Device.
- Take a backup of your existing ROM using the ROM Manager App available on Play Store.
- You may also opt for a backup of your important data such as SMS, phone numbers using one of the backup apps available on play store for free.
- The upgrade process work on internal battery power. So we would recommend you to charge your device more than 80%.
- Disable all anti-virus software installed on you device and PC.
- If you have kies installed on your PC, just uninstall it.
- Enable USB debugging on your Device. The option for this is available at :
Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging or
Settings> Developer Option> USB Debugging
- Now your Galaxy Note 2 is ready for upgradation.
Galaxy Note 2 : The Real Upgrade
- Download the Firmware Package and Odin Package on your Laptop/PC from below links:
1. Jelly Bean XXEME1
2. ODIN v3.07
- Power off your Galaxy Note 2 and restart in Debugging mode. This can be done by pressing and holding Volume Down + Home + Power Key together.
- After sometime, the main menu of debugging mode appears. After update Android triangle appears, press power button to enter download mode.
- Connect your Galaxy Note 2 to PC using original USB data-cable.
- Open the ODIN application on PC.
- In ODIN, ‘added’ message will be prompted and ID:COM button turns Yellow or Blue. This indicates that device is now connected.
- Now select the “PDA” option from Odin app.
- Extract the firmware file and then browse it from Odin app and select it.
- Now check that in Odin App, ‘Re-partition’ button is un-checked.
- Now press the start button and and installation process will begin.
- When installation is completed, “PASS” message will appear in Odin app.
- Now disconnect you Galaxy Note 2 from USB cable and restart it.
With this you have successfully rooted your Galaxy Note 2 to XXEME1 firmware. If you face any kind of issue during installation, then you can seek our help using the comment form below.
Also we would recommend you to comment if you were able to root your Galaxy Note 2 successfully.