LG Optimus 3D P920 : Upgrade to Jellybean 4.2 Custom Firmware
LG Optimus 3D P920 is one of the most selling Android based smartphone for LG Electronics. It was once the best smartphone available. LG Optimus 3D P920 was launched with Android Gingerbread initially. Later on, an official upgrade to Android Ice Cream Sandwich was provided for it. But since then, there has not any updates announced for it.
And talking frankly, there won’t be any more updates provided for the LG Optimus 3D P920 by manufacturer. Hence, we took the initiative to upgrade LG Optimus 3D P920 to Jellybean through some custom ROM. We succeeded in the upgrade and hence we are here with LG Optimus 3D P920 upgrade to Jellybam custom ROM.
Jelybam is based on Android Jellybean 4.2 and is basicallly a mix of AOKP, Paranoid and CyanogenMod 10.
LG Optimus 3D P920 : Upgradation Guide
We have tried to make the upgradation as easy and explanatory as it could be. The upgradation guide have two halves namely:
- Getting Ready for Upgrade
- The Real Upgrade
Notice : This Firmware is taken from a very reliable Android Developer. We have tried and tested this firmware before bringing this for you. However, we would recommend you to follow these steps with extra-care as a single error can lead to bricking of your Device.
The warranty of your device would void after upgrade, so do this at your own risk. We will not be liable for any error.
LG Optimus 3D P920 : Getting Ready for Upgrade
- Before you take a step further, please make sure that your device is LG Optimus 3D P920. You can check this at Settings >> About Device.
- Take a backup of your existing ROM using the ROM Manager App available on Play Store.
- You may also opt for a backup of your important data such as SMS, phone numbers using one of the backup apps available on play store for free.
- The upgrade process work on internal battery power. So we would recommend you to charge your device more than 80%.
- Disable all anti-virus software installed on you device and PC.
- If you have kies installed on your PC, just uninstall it.
- Enable USB debugging on your Device. The option for this is available at :
Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging or
Settings> Developer Option> USB Debugging
- Now your LG Optimus 3D P920 is ready for upgradation.
LG Optimus 3D P920 : The Real Upgrade
- Download the Firmware Package and ROM manager on your Laptop/PC from below links:
2. ROM Manager App
- Now transfer the ROM file to your device. Save it in internal memory.
- Power off your Sony Xperia ZL and restart in Debugging mode. This can be done by pressing and holding Volume Down + Power Key together.
- After sometime, device will start in debugging mode. When you see the debugging screen, select the “wipe cache data” and “wipe data” option.
- Post completion, return to main recovery menu.
- After wipe is complete, navigate to Install Zip from SD Card and select the firmware package saved on your device.
- This will start installing the firmware on your device.
- After this complete, go to main menu and Select Reboot System Now.
- Your phone is upgraded and will restart in around 10-15 minutes.
- Check the version of your firmware at Settings >> About Device.
With this you have successfully upgraded your LG Optimus 3D P920 on Jellybean firmware. If you face any kind of issue during installation, then you can seek our help using the comment form below.
Also we would recommend you to comment if you were able to upgrade your LG Optimus 3D P920 successfully.