Galaxy S4 Verizon : How to Root it on VRUAMD2 Jellybean
Galaxy S4 Verizon is undoubtedly the best Android smartphone for Verizon users at this moment. The stats of more than 40,000 score on Antutu Benchmark test shows that Galaxy S4 Verizon has no match what so ever. Powered by 2GB and Quad-core 1.6 GHz Cortex-A15 over quad-core 1.2 GHz Cortex-A7, Galaxy S4 Verizon is a high-end smartphone worth buying.
Galaxy S4 Verizon default comes with Android Jellybean but it is un-rooted. While there are numerous advantage of having a rooted phone, it is useless to buy high-end device like Galaxy S4 Verizon if you don’t tweak with it. So here is a step by step guide to root Galaxy S4 Verizon on VRUAMD2 jellybean.
Galaxy S4 Verizon : Rooting Guide
We have tried to make the upgradation as easy and explanatory as it could be. The upgradation guide have two halves namely:
- Getting Ready for rooting
- The Real rooting
Notice : This Firmware/root tweak is taken from a very reliable Android Developer. We have tried and tested this firmware before bringing this for you. However, we would recommend you to follow these steps with extra-care as a single error can lead to bricking of your Device.
The warranty of your device would void after upgrade, so do this at your own risk. We will not be liable for any error.
Galaxy S4 Verizon: Getting Ready for Upgrade
- Before you take a step further, please make sure that your device is Galaxy S4 Verizon. You can check this at Settings >> About Device.
- Take a backup of your existing ROM using the ROM Manager App available on Play Store.
- Ensure that the ROM on you Galaxy S4 verizon is VRUAMD2 jellybean.
- You may also opt for a backup of your important data such as SMS, phone numbers using one of the backup apps available on play store for free.
- The upgrade process work on internal battery power. So we would recommend you to charge your device more than 80%.
- Disable all anti-virus software installed on you device and PC.
- If you have kies installed on your PC, just uninstall it.
- Enable USB debugging on your Device. The option for this is available at :
Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging or
Settings> Developer Option> USB Debugging
- Now your Galaxy S4 Verizon is ready for rooting.
Galaxy S4 Verizon : The Real Upgrade
- Download the Firmware Package and Odin Package on your Laptop/PC from below links:
1. Rooting Package
2. ODIN v3.07
- Power off your Galaxy S4 Verizon and restart in Debugging mode. This can be done by pressing and holding Volume Down + Home + Power Key together.
- After sometime, the main menu of debugging mode appears. After update Android triangle appears, press power button to enter download mode.
- Connect your Galaxy S4 Verizon to PC using original USB data-cable.
- Open the ODIN application on PC.
- In ODIN, ‘added’ message will be prompted and ID:COM button turns Yellow or Blue. This indicates that device is now connected.
- Now browse and select root package from Odin.
- Click on start and rooting will begin. Device will reboot 2-3 times in the process.
- After it is completed, disconnect you Galaxy S4 Verizon from USB cable and restart it.
With this you have successfully rooted your Galaxy S4 Verizon to XXEME1 firmware. If you face any kind of issue during installation, then you can seek our help using the comment form below.
Also we would recommend you to comment if you were able to root your Galaxy S4 Verizon successfully.